Friday, August 10, 2007

Flan in Kazakhstan

I will remember Haifa for many wonderful things. One of them is trying out lot of different culture's foods. Yum! I won't even bother going into listing all of them as there is a lot i tried at dinners, parties and weddings! I surely miss this diversity here in Kazakhstan. Although I am a bit lucky that my other half is of differnet culture becouse he cooks so well! I've been trying to see if Kazakhs know what flan is - one of my favorite desserts after Haifa, but only few people, in fact two, in my office knew what it is and tried it at least ones in their lifes. So me and Amir, got the recipe and decided to make it one night. We didn't manage to find a vanila syrup. Not wanting to give up, we tried to use the maple syrop instead and this flan of ours turned out to be soooooooo real and DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! yum! I brought it to work, now people are asking for its recipe, I am so glad they liked it:):):) How can u not like the flan??? Thank you to Isra for the recipe and thank you to Amir for making it, thank you to me for the idea and being there while it's made:):):)
What would be next??....

6 comments:

Arash and Bahareh said...

yummmm.... flan! Your making me hungry! Tahmina, your so lucky to have married such an AMAZING chef! I will never forget the delicious sushi he used to make for us :)

Much love,
Bahareh

Christina, Jafred, Fazal and Tesina said...

Dear Tahmina and Amir,
Thank you for your sweet comments on our blog!! And the biggest congrats to you also on your developing new family member! I also felt instantly like a new person...you are in our prayers and sending our love to you in Kazakhstan! luv, Christina and Jafred

~Frooghi's~ said...

taha pass along the recipe please!!! i have a hubby who loves flan - i am not good at deserts, but i can certainly try! : )

Unknown said...

I'm for a recipe too please :)

~Frooghi's~ said...

taha i dont have your email address. i wanted to email you something .... mine is frooghisahar@gmail.com

Unknown said...

thanks a lot!!! :)))