Monday, December 12, 2005

Missing snow.

It is December 12, and I am missing snow... It is snowing a lot back home right now, and it is +25Â°С in Haifa today. I found a CD with pictures from the work place of mine before coming here. Ther are some pictures from winter time, it was so refreshing to see them! Especially now, when I am almost falling asleep because the temperature in our Office is very high, we are all boiling here. uph! I used to work in the oil company as a field interpreter, so I had to be outside most of the time all year long. As you know drilling goes on nonstop unless there is an emergency. So we worked day and night shifts drilling through the layers ofKazakhstan:) During winter we had a lot of fun because moustache of our workers would freeze, glasses would stick to the face, we would warm ourselves up drinking a cup of hot tea or coffee as we worked. Our work cloth for winter was very thick and heavy and all in oil due to the nature of work. We all look the same in those orange overalls and hardhats. Ha-ha! Helarious! It was so much fun! I miss my work, the people I worked with, and constant sense of thrill as we worked at some dangerous sites. There was a cat that lived in our camp by the name Vaska. We used to call him a "squarer cat" as he was very big and fat. He was black with a white tie on his neck. I once took his picture early in the morning before going to work as he looked spectacular on the fresh white snow. I am really missing those days and hoping to go back one day and visit old friends, if any left, at that field. For some reason i am having trouble uploading the pictures, but i will share them with you as soon as i am able to. Chao!

No comments: