Monday, November 21, 2005

How do we love

How hard it is sometimes to love people simply because some of'em hate you for whatever reason, and how high is the religious standard to develop an unconditional love that is beyond all earthly things. I love you BECAUSE you love me, I love him BECAUSE he is very sweet, I love her BECAUSE she helped me the other day, I love them BECAUSE I have to love them BECAUSE they are my family, I love this couple BECAUSE they're always smiling at me in the morning when I go to work, etc... That's easy, and I would say that's how animals express their feelings, if you pet and feed them, they are nice to you, but if you beat them, they bite and wound you. But we are not animals, then why do we behave like them? How easy it is to return back a smile! How hard it is to keep smiling at someone who turns his face away from you again and again... How about God's love? (I know a guy whose name is Godlove:)) Isn't it amazing that He (God) loves everyone no matter what people do with their lives, no matter how they treat others and no matter how much they care about Him. There is no "BECAUSE" in His love... The only difference is that if they don't love God, they won't ever know how much He loves them. What a loss! It is all about opening one's heart and letting Him work through it. Human's heart is never enough to love everyone, unless God lives in it... Once one experienced the all-embracing love deriving from one's love for God, he will ever fear to loose it and will try to keep it in his heart, through pains and sufferings, through tests, rejections and disappointments, even at times through humiliations; his heart will grow bigger and bigger and the whole other world will be opened for him. What a gift, what a joy, what a blessing...

O SON OF BEING! Love Me, that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee. Know this, O servant. (Baha'u'llah: Arabic Hidden Words, Page: 5)

O SON OF MAN! For everything there is a sign. The sign of love is fortitude under My decree and patience under My trials. (Baha'u'llah: Arabic Hidden Words, Page: 48)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »