Thursday, November 03, 2005

29

Yesterday i turned 29.
I had a wonderful day, full of surprisees and gifts, many friends sent me their greetings and wishes over the email. The day started with the SMS message of my sister at 2 in the morning, saying how much she loves me and how much she misses me. It was very sweet of her, and i know why she sent SMS so early knowing the time difference, she just wanted to be the first to congratulate me, so sweet. But of caurse, she didn't know that my zhanym called me the night before right after the sunset to wish me a happy birthday ahead of anyone:) i miss my sister a lot, but i was too sleepy to reply. At 4 in the morning i heard another signal for SMS, this time it was my father. Of caurse, i didn't reply either, and two hours later my mom decided to send me a message too. I love my family! I think they were racing who is first to express their love to me:):) in the morning my zhanym called me and sang a happy birthday song in russian (second time), which sounds very sweet with the pilippino accent:):):) he is such a sweetheart:) At work i heard the happy birthday song AGAIN from my office colleagues and according our office tradition everyone gave me a big hug, so at least 25 people hugged me yesterday, isn't it great! And i even had a cake that Mutale made for me. This was a total surprise! It was delicious! Men, i wish every day was my birthday! One of the best presents of that morning was the announcement of my two good friends of their engagement, i was so happy for them! At night my zhanym, my brother and i went to one of my favorite places of Asian food in Haifa that is called "jiraff"(rather strange name for the Asian food place), where we had some noodles and spicy rice with some see food, yummy! the day ended with the Youth Prayer gathering at the Shrine of the Bab organized by the Youth Committee, i couldn't think of a better ending of my birthday! At night, before going to bed i talked to my zhanym, and then thought of how i don't feel to be 29 at all. It's just a number anyway. I felt a bit sad that each year the number grows bigger, but it was not long, next day i felt fine. All my friends and people that surround me here did so much to make me happy on that day! i am so greatful to God that i meet the most wonderful people on my path of service. Anyway, i have to remember next time to say 29 instead of 28 when i am aksed of my age:)

2 comments:

Lindsay Lamar said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tahmina!!!

reed said...

Yes Happy Birthday Tahmina, though it is belated!