Thursday, January 04, 2007

Re-connecting

I am gradually re-connecting with my friends here. Running into them on the street, different places, they recognize me, I recognize them, warm embraces, learning of what has happened to them while I was not here, exchange cell phone numbers, arranging for a meeting. Such an amazingly pleasant experience! I suddenly realized that I know quite a few people although a lot of my friends from earlier years are gone into different places and I don't know how to find them to ask how they are doing. Last night the girl on this picture called me, we stayed in the same flat for few years, and went on few trips together. When I left she was studying in university and now she is working in a good company in a good position and thinking of developing her career. We talked for longest time and I felt how much I've missed her and other friends in that remote city of Kazakhstan and how much of memories connect me to that place where I pioneered and worked for 3 and a half years. There is a lot of love for these people in my heart.

3 comments:

leila said...

keep the stories and pictures coming, sweet taha. you are both very much missed here. your stories about applying for amir's residence permit is making me feel guilty about catching up with people's blogs instead of filling in forms for america ...

love you,
love from leila

tahmina, amir & azamat said...

hahaha this is funny because my dad always says philippinos came from kazakhs. he will be happy to hear about this news:):):):)
thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Thank you mara for sharing this piece of information. It is very interesting. It's a fact that we all are connected to each other but getting proofs is something.

:o)

Love, Franco & Patria